Wednesday, January 28, 2009

LIFE IN THE TOO FAST LANE!

I'm here again! Safe in my comfort zone. I didn't mean to stay away so long! It wasn't my fault you see. My younger friends, who got me here, have left me for more fertile fields, Facebook. They tried to take me with them. Now let me tell you! Facebook may be alright for the terminally swift-those who text and IPod and MP3 and whatever is coming out next! They all speak in a language that makes little sense to me. Taylor, oldest grandaughter, taught me to text. She thought I was so cool! I sent her a nice message and ended it with Love, Nana. She texts back. U dnt hve 2 do tht. I no who u r! Huh? I tried again. Maybe I text the wrong person. She writes back...LOL! I need to call her parents. The child obviously has a problem. How did she get to high school spelling like that!
Then there are my younger friends who are on Facebook. They write in sporadic sentences. " I am off to the mall." " I am back from the mall." " I am picking up pizza for supper." O-okay!? Where are the meaningful, blogs that provided a picture of their deepest thoughts on many subjects? These are intelligent, highly educated people you see. I think aliens have landed and are invading their brains!!
Bless their hearts (you know that's Southern for "they just don't quite get it") they can go on and run like rabbits with their blueteeth stuck in their ears and their GPS systems leading them astray while they try to text with their elbows driving down I20 at 80 miles an hour. We turtles will catch up with them at the finish line and not need nearly as many energy drinks and granola bars!
Have a wonderful day. I think I will drink hot chocolate and read a book!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Sounds like a plan to me. I like this even better than facebook. How come I'm just now hearing about it? : ) LOL

So Long Ol' Friend

So Long Ol' Friend
If you smile, I will-Stormy & Kate 1999

So Long Ol' Friend

So Long Ol' Friend
Glenn & Stormy 1978

Samuel K Jennings

Samuel K Jennings
The inscription on the marker is nearly obliterated by time, but one of Charles' cousins had a new marker placed there.

Lisa and Me

Lisa and Me
What a beautiful little...conehead?

Charles & Lisa - 1964

Charles & Lisa - 1964
About 10:00 a.m. every morning Charles would come to the house, take a break with Lisa, and rock. If he didn't come, she would cry! A daddy's girl at two months of age!

Lisa & Tristan 1997

Lisa & Tristan 1997
My baby and hers. The one who said as a college freshman she was NEVER having a kid was now a mother...and loving every minute of it.

Lisa & Mackenzie - 1999

Lisa & Mackenzie - 1999
She liked that one so much she had another one in 1999. A beautiful little girl...so much like her mother...:)