Tuesday, February 24, 2009

February 24, 1966

On this day 43 years ago God gave us a son. I woke up early (but not early enough!) I called my parents to come get Lisa. I called Dr. Graham (who went back to sleep because he thought it would be a while!!) With Lisa taken care of we headed to the hospital. I'm not sure what all took place after I got there, but apparently they called and got Dr. Graham up. Their message was, "Get here quick!" For some reason they didn't get the message to my dear husband, because he went to work!! You have to understand that it was a twelve hour day when Lisa was born. He didn't know that second babies can come a lot faster. He did know if he didn't work he didn't get paid for that day and we needed the money!
Forty-five minutes after I arrived at the hospital Dr. Graham was saying, "It's a big boy Judy!" They laid you across my abdomen and I could feel the warmth of your body. That hadn't happened with Lisa. It was a wonderful feeling. Your Dad got there at noon and just sat looking at me like I had performed the most amazing feat a person was capable of. We did good Glenn! :)

Happy birthday to our handsome son. We have always been proud of you...not for anything you have accomplished, but because of who and what you are-a genuinely good person with a kind heart and a gentle spirit. We love you Glenn.

Mom & Dad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post....it brought tears to my eyes! I hope he had a wonderful birthday!

So Long Ol' Friend

So Long Ol' Friend
If you smile, I will-Stormy & Kate 1999

So Long Ol' Friend

So Long Ol' Friend
Glenn & Stormy 1978

Samuel K Jennings

Samuel K Jennings
The inscription on the marker is nearly obliterated by time, but one of Charles' cousins had a new marker placed there.

Lisa and Me

Lisa and Me
What a beautiful little...conehead?

Charles & Lisa - 1964

Charles & Lisa - 1964
About 10:00 a.m. every morning Charles would come to the house, take a break with Lisa, and rock. If he didn't come, she would cry! A daddy's girl at two months of age!

Lisa & Tristan 1997

Lisa & Tristan 1997
My baby and hers. The one who said as a college freshman she was NEVER having a kid was now a mother...and loving every minute of it.

Lisa & Mackenzie - 1999

Lisa & Mackenzie - 1999
She liked that one so much she had another one in 1999. A beautiful little girl...so much like her mother...:)