Saturday, August 22, 2009

What Was I Thinking!

I consider myself a rather intelligent person. I made good grades in school and went to college. Didn't finish, but that wasn't because I couldn't. It was my aunt Carole's fault that I met a tall, dark, handsome stranger and married him before I finished. And then I managed to raise a family without doing too much damage to their little personalities...they may have a different story, but that's mine and I'm stickin' to it! Worked at a responsible position with the telephone company in Bridgeport and didn't run off too many customers. So why is it that...

instead of staying in my nice, cool house this morning and finishing my cleaning I decided to go see what Charlie was doing in the barn.

Charlie is in his shop and I am about as welcome in there as he is in my kitchen! He doesn't seem to appreciate my suggestions about where he should put his tools, nails, screws, paint...in fact he appreciates it about as much as I do when he waltzes in and tells me one of the shelves in the fridge needs to be wiped off (and doesn't notice I have just mopped, dusted, vacuumed and finished the washing!! So, seeing that he doesn't want or need my help I went out the door and there were the cows, sleepily standing under a tree. But when Clyde swung his tail a hundred flies flew up!!

I told Charlie, "the flies are really bad on the cows." Big mistake. Here he comes with the spray. He tells me to shut the gate...I know what's coming. I'm supposed to "hold" the animal he is trying to spray in the corner of the lot so he won't have to chase it!! First cow, part long-horn...long horns. Second cow...big. Third cow...Clyde.......1100 - 1200 pounds of thundering beef... When all was said and done I was hot and sweaty (making my poison oak itch) and some of the flies decided to land on ME!

I'm a rather intelligent person...but not real bright.

No comments:

So Long Ol' Friend

So Long Ol' Friend
If you smile, I will-Stormy & Kate 1999

So Long Ol' Friend

So Long Ol' Friend
Glenn & Stormy 1978

Samuel K Jennings

Samuel K Jennings
The inscription on the marker is nearly obliterated by time, but one of Charles' cousins had a new marker placed there.

Lisa and Me

Lisa and Me
What a beautiful little...conehead?

Charles & Lisa - 1964

Charles & Lisa - 1964
About 10:00 a.m. every morning Charles would come to the house, take a break with Lisa, and rock. If he didn't come, she would cry! A daddy's girl at two months of age!

Lisa & Tristan 1997

Lisa & Tristan 1997
My baby and hers. The one who said as a college freshman she was NEVER having a kid was now a mother...and loving every minute of it.

Lisa & Mackenzie - 1999

Lisa & Mackenzie - 1999
She liked that one so much she had another one in 1999. A beautiful little girl...so much like her mother...:)